for Artists and Designers
Please note: I am no longer with the university, but I'm leaving the
web site here for reference and for those that use the course
materials outside the university.
version of the course is taught by
If you'd like to reach me, send mail to email@example.com.
- Instructor: Steve May
- Advanced Computing Center for the Arts and Design
- The Ohio State University
--- Steve May.
Make sure you are using proper
before viewing the images.
Image Gallery | Shader Gallery*
- These galleries show student work completed during the
course. They are shown in a random order.
- Reading Assignments
- Homework Assignments
Shader Lab |
- notes about writing shaders and using RenderMan renderers
- procedural animation language
- Houdini Tips
- info about using Houdini and RenderMan
*To compile most shaders from the gallery you'll need the source
rmannotes.sl. Shaders written prior to 1996 do not necessarily follow the
conventions described in
Tis light makes color visible; at night
Red, green and russet vanish from thy sight.
So too the light by darkness is made known.
All hid things by their contraries are shown.
Mevlana C. Rumi (1207-1273)
Last updated: 5/15/00
Steve May (firstname.lastname@example.org)