ACCAD Reopens August 24th
ACCAD in Sullivant Hall will officially reopen Monday, Aug. 24. With the ongoing safety and security protocols, precaution is being taken to provide a safer environment. With the transition to online and hybrid operations, we have implemented a number of changes in how the ACCAD community of students enrolled in our courses, graduate researchers and faculty and staff can do in-person work for classes and research, and reserve resources. Please take a moment to read through the changes below and email us at email@example.com with any questions or feedback.
COVID-19 Standard Operating Procedures for ACCAD Community and Spaces
All students, faculty, and staff are required to complete an online training course and the Together As Buckeyes Pledge. The 10-minute training is now available through BuckeyeLearn, and the pledge must be signed upon completion of the course.
The training and pledge must be completed prior to your return to campus.
Daily Health Checks
A daily health check to report body temperature and health status will be required for all faculty, staff and students each day they intend to be on Ohio State’s campuses. This daily check will be reported through the Ohio State mobile app or compass.osu.edu (link is external). The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center employees should continue to use the health system’s health monitoring tool. Employees who do not meet the established guidelines will not be permitted to report to work.
The Health Reporting Process is as follows:
- Take your temperature.
- Log in to the health reporting tool via compass.osu.edu (link is external) or the Ohio State app.
- In the COVID-19 health reporting section, record your temperature and answer other health reporting questions.
- Receive your daily health passport. This passport is good for entry to all open buildings during the day it was submitted.
- RED = Stay home
- GREEN = Clear to come to campus
Masks / Facial Coverings
When inside Sullivant Hall, masks must be worn. Masks must be put on before entering the building and in all interior spaces (including shared office spaces, bathrooms, and hallways). Exceptions for indoor settings include single occupancy of a dedicated office. Masks also must be worn in outdoor spaces.
The university has compiled additional guidance regarding alternative masks, cleaning cloth face coverings and respectful mask compliance on the Safe and Healthy Buckeyes Personal Protection and Hygiene page.
If you arrive at our space without a mask, ACCAD will have a very small supply of spare masks for faculty, students and staff.
Occupancy Limits (all rooms)
Per university guidance, all rooms will be restricted to roughly 25-50% density (furniture layout impacts capacity). The chart below provides the allowed number of occupants in each room:
- Rm 331 - Kitchen Sink = 1 person at a time
- Rm 330 - Video Room = 1 person
- Rm 332 - Conference Room = not available for use (locked)
- Rm 347 B, C & D - SIM Labs 1, 2, 3 = 2 people per area
- 347 Research Area - Open Collaborative Space = 6 people
- Rm 349B - Sonic Arts Lab = 1 person
- 349A - Classroom = 8 people
- 350 - Motion Lab = 16 seated; 2 moving
Faculty Staff Offices = 1 person
Rooms = 331 A, B, C, D, E; 339 A, B, C; 337; 349 C
Appropriate accommodations should be made to promote physical distancing (alternative staffing models, remote work, alternating days/weeks or staggered arrivals and departures).
Some furniture in the rooms above has been moved out. Signs are posted in each room with both the maximum occupancy and directing folks to appropriately distance. Hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes will also be placed in each room.
ACCAD has instituted a Microsoft Bookings system that will allow students to reserve in-person workstation use.
The ACCAD Bookings reservation system is located here: https://go.osu.edu/accad_bookingsau20
The classroom will not be available for reservations during scheduled class times and booking this space will be 1 hour per person (up to 8 people total). All other bookings are for 2 hour blocks of time per person. During class times, enrolled students will have priority to in-person use of classroom workstations. Due to the decreased number of workstations available for use, preference for reservations will be given to students registered for ACCAD courses and graduate students working on their research at ACCAD.
We have a new systems manager, Ross Schmittgen. All technical issues with ACCAD workstations, software and peripherals should be reported to Ross through the ASCTech ticket system. It is always a good idea to also let your instructor or advisor know of technical issues you are having at ACCAD that are hampering your work, as they can also follow up with ASCTech on your behalf.
Security and Safety
ACCAD will be open to students from 8am - 10pm on weekdays only as we begin the semester. Building cleaning begins at 10pm and we request that people not be in our spaces during the nightly cleaning cycle. Anyone accessing ACCAD spaces will be required to use their BuckID for entry and safety purposes. We will readdress the need for weekend hours, after Labor Day and once we better understand demand.
Everyone should maintain a distance of at least six feet from others in any public space — indoor or outdoor — wherever possible. Furniture in common areas has been removed to support safety practices, including physical distancing.
Those who are able are advised to use stairs instead of elevators to support physical distancing. If you must use the elevator in ACCAD, do not enter if there are two people in the elevator.
Sanitation & Cleaning Schedules
Hands should be washed frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after touching common surfaces. If soap and water are not available, 70% alcohol-based hand sanitizer should be used. Bottles of hand sanitizer will be placed in each ACCAD space, for your convenience. Please keep the sanitizer in each room for the safety and ease of others.
- Workstations in Labs: Workstation cleaning will be the responsibility of each user, although cleaning supplies will be provided by ACCAD for each room. Individuals should clean and disinfect shared workspaces before and after use including wiping keyboards, mice, desktops and chairs before use. Shared spaces and high-touch surfaces will require more frequent disinfection and cleaning.
- Common areas / bathrooms: At least twice a day, the university is cleaning bathrooms and disinfecting high touch-point areas, including door handles, faucets, handrails and other commonly touched surfaces in high-traffic areas.
- Individual offices: Individuals will continue to be responsible for cleaning and disinfecting their own workstations.
- Kitchen area: The water cooler and refrigerator will not be available for use. The kitchen sink will serve as a hand washing station. ACCAD will provide soap and hand towels for hand washing. Individuals should thoroughly wash their hands before and after workstation use.
- Trash: FOD will empty trash 1x a day. Faculty and Staff should empty their office desk-side trash and recycling bins into centrally located containers in order to limit foot traffic. Individual trash cans will not be emptied by housekeeping.